San Diego Harbor
One of West Coast's top natural harbors, the San Diego Harbor is also home to some of the city’s major attractions. Climb aboard the USS Midway Museum, one of the U.S. Navy’s longest-serving aircraft carriers, and stop by the Maritime Museum of San Diego to see historic vessels and nautical-themed exhibitions. Visit Seaport Village for its restaurants, boutiques, and live-music performances. Families shouldn't miss Waterfront Park, with fountains and children’s play areas.
To get the most out of your visit, prebook attraction tickets and plan to see the harbor from a boat tour, or sign up for a helicopter ride for one-of-a-kind aerial views. It's also easy to independently visit area sights.
Recent reviews from experiences in San Diego
Things to Know Before You Go
The Embarcadero Marina Parks offer multiple options to soak up the scenery. Venture to the North and South branches for bike paths, art installations, and seasonal events.
Come expecting crowds—the San Diego Harbor is host to major hotels and the San Diego Convention Center.
Seaport Village hosts free live music performances daily in its West Village Food Court and on Sunday in its East Village Gazebo.
How to Get There
The San Diego Harbor is served by the San Diego Trolley’s Green Line. The Sante Fe Train Depot, which is served by Amtrak and San Diego Metro Coaster trains, is also nearby. Alternatively, the area can be reached by bus and is easy to access by car, bike, or on foot.
When to Get There
There’s never a bad time of year to explore the attractions that line the San Diego Harbor. That said, as the area’s main attractions include museums, shops, and restaurants, it’s best to visit during normal opening hours. The area will be particularly crowded during the summer months.
Accessible from mainland San Diego via the Coronado Bridge or a quick trip from the Harbor by ferry (use the Fifth Avenue Landing), charming Coronado Island is one of the best places to go for a day-trip beach retreat. Head to Coronado Beach & Dog Park for unspoiled white sands and a relaxing ambiance.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada
- Seaport Village
- USS Midway Museum
- New Children's Museum
- B-Street Pier & Cruise Ship Terminal
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- San Diego Convention Center
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Gaslamp Quarter
- Little Italy San Diego
- Downtown San Diego
- Petco Park
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Sports Association