3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get a glimpse into local life in Rio de Janeiro during a favela tour that reveals a different side of the Marvelous City. In an intimate group limited to 12 travelers, you’ll explore two of the largest favelas in Rio, and benefit from the local insight of a guide as you learn more about living conditions in the city.
- Gain rare insight into life in a favela during a tour of Rocinhas and Vila Canoas
- A great choice for travelers that have already ticked off top Rio attractions
- Delve deeper into local life in the city
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can make pick ups from most Hotels/accommodations in the South Zone of Rio. Please indicate the Hotel/place you are staying during your reservation and if your Hotel is not listed please still inform us of your place of stay.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Não operamos tours nos domingos a tarde. Tours sujeitos a quorum minimo para a confirmação final
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Favela Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Favela Tour Rocinha and Vila Canoas in Rio de Janeiro?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Favela Tour Rocinha and Vila Canoas in Rio de Janeiro?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Favela Tour Rocinha and Vila Canoas in Rio de Janeiro?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Favela Tour Rocinha and Vila Canoas in Rio de Janeiro
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroHiking - Southeast BrazilHistorical Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilHiking - SantosHistorical Tours - SantosHalf-day Tours - SantosHiking - Belo HorizonteHistorical Tours - Belo HorizonteHalf-day Tours - Belo HorizonteCategory
Santa Teresa (Barrio Santa Teresa)Teles Arch (Arco do Teles)Crystal Palace (Palácio de Cristal)Rio de Janeiro Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de Sao Sebastiao)Rio-Niteroi Bridge (Ponte Rio-Niteroi)Santa Marta FavelaLapa NeighborhoodItaipu Beach (Praia de Itaipu)Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon (Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas)Ruins Park (Parque das Ruínas)Leme Beach (Praia do Leme)Floriano Peixoto Square (Cinelandia)Rio Art Museum (Museu de Arte do Rio)Santos Dumont House Museum (Museu Casa de Santos Dumont)AquaRio AquariumRioZoo (Jardim Zoológico do Rio de Janeiro)Copacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana)La Candelaria Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria)Praca Quinze de NovembroCagarras Islands (Ilhas Cagarras)