- 4-hour guided tour to Sugar Loaf Mountain including cable car ride (options with ticket included or excluded).
- Admire the impressive view below, including Copacabana Beach, Guanabara Bay, and Santa Cruz
- Drive through downtown Rio including the Municipal Theater (Teatro Municipal) and Flamengo Park
- Roundtrip transport from selected Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Drive by the traditional Cinelandia Square where the various historic buildings such as the Municipal Theater, the National Library, and the National Museum of Fine Arts are located.
Pass the Sambadrome, where Carnival's samba competition takes place, and stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral, famous for its unusual architecture.
When you reach the Urca neighborhood, board a glassed-in cable car for the ascent to the peak, stopping once at a scenic viewpoint. Upon reaching the top of Sugar Loaf at 1,299 feet (396 meters) above sea level, admire the views of Niteroi, Copacabana, and Santa Cruz Fortress.
When you descend from Sugar Loaf Mountain, enjoy transportation back to your Rio hotel.
Please note: This tour offers options with and without tickets. Ensure you select your preference on booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- If you select the option without tickets, we suggest you bring the amount in cash so it can be paid directly to the guide so you can be included on our voucher, otherwise you may have to enter the line for the purchase of tickets
- During Carnival, between Friday and Tuesday, there is the possibility of City Tour being reduced or excluded from the itinerary due to traffic issues and streets closed over the city
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Keep in mind that if you want to avoid picking other passenger, just ask us to be picked up from the last departure point on the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "My wife and I have never been to Rio, so it was great to have a guide and transportation from our hotel and back again." See review